Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Thoughts on a Craft Show

Well, we made it through the four days at the Craft & Quilt Fair at the Melbourne Exhibition Centre over the weekend. I worked on the stand both Friday and Saturday, and by the end of the two days I was exhausted (however it took me a good couple of hours to come down after I got hom Saturday night!). The show was open for late-night crafters on the Saturday, until 8pm which might have been a little late for most people as the crowds died right back after about 6pm.

Our stand looked great, and we attracted a lot of comments on the gorgeous samples we had on the walls. Note to self ... next time use a stronger tape to attach samples to the craft card that we used for the posters - turns out my use of pieces of rolled up sticky tape wasn't such a good idea, luckily the lovely Mel from the stand next door let me have a roll of double sided tape to get us out of that situation.

Sadly I forgot my camera so I have no photos to share with you ... darn it ...

A big thanks to Naomi, Janine, Christine, Gail, Melissa, Coral and my talented downline Anne-Marie, as well as the girls who worked "behind the scenes" to create the samples, posters, and handouts for the day. Let's hope that it was all worth it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails