Sunday, March 15, 2009

Attempting a Card Sketch Challenge

So this challenge was put out quite some time ago by Makeesha Byl ... I don't usually do these challenges, but was feeling a little short on creative inspiration by myself and needed the shot in the arm to get going.

Turned out to be a lot harder than I'd thought!

Usually when I make a card, I don't really have a particular idea in mind as to how it will come out. I'll pick a colour combination, or a stamp set, and see what happens. So to start at what I would consider the finish was tricky!

It took a while, but I ended up with something I actually liked. I figured if I was going to do this, the challenge was in using the sketch so I'd better make the colours easy, which is why this particular card is Pretty in Pink, Chocolate Chip and Very Vanilla - you can't go wrong with this combination! And using Baroque Motifs was also a little bit of a cheat, because it's pretty hard to make an ugly card with this stamp set *g*.

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Baroque Motifs, En Francais

Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink

Cardstock: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Pretty in Pink

Other: Scallop Circle Punch, Mat Pack, Cutter Kit, Stampin' Sponges

3 comments:

Jason said...

It doesn't matter where the inspiration comes from as long as you have it. :) Well done.

Felicity said...

oooh ooooh i love this card - and my colours too, you really create some beautiful work chris, may just have to give in and get that background stamp too :)

Chris said...

Flick ...
You neeeeeed the stamp
-Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails