Sunday, March 8, 2009

Retiring Stamps

I thought it was time to drag out a few old favourites that have been ignored for far too long - and now that they're retiring why not give them one last look?

This one was released in a Mini catalogue a couple of years ago, and I had to have it as soon as I saw it. As well as the little single flower and phrase shown here, it also has an outline to stamp over the flower, another word ("happy"), a stylised paisley and a little dotty background. I called this my "happy stamp set" because just looking at them made me smile.

What happened? One day I just started using something else and put these aside - now I feel bad for ignoring them LOL.

So this is a quick card using some colours I wouldn't normally put together but it just seemed to be the right thing to do.

By the way, this stamp set is one of those that Stampin' Up! has chosen to assist in raising money for the Bushfire Appeal here in Victoria. This means that if you buy this set (it costs $35.95 plus postage), half that amount will be donated to the fund.

Just saying, that's all ... *g*

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Polka Dots & Paisley

Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Certainly Celery

Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Other: Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Mat Pack, 1-1/4" Square Punch, 1-3/8" Square Punch

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails