Saturday, March 21, 2009

Gift Card holder

I stumbled across Jackie Topa's blog the other day, following a link from somewhere (probably Splitcoast Stampers) to her "faux alligator skin" tutorial. From that I found her "gift card purse" instructions. So simple and effective! So I whipped up one of her sweet little handbag gift card holders to see what it came out like (well, surprise! Just like her picture!).

Anyway, it turned out that DD, who has a birthday party to go to this afternoon, wanted to give her friend a gift card. And was quite happy for me to make a holder to put it in. This is unusual, normally she would rather store-bought packaging and cards, so of course I leapt at the idea.

I tinkered with Jackie's instructions a little, making the handbag a little narrower overall because I only have a 4" circle cutter, making the base narrower as well, and adding an extra fold at the top so I could use a strip of cardstock as the handle (because I don't have wire, or matching ribbon). I love how it came out - I hope DD's friend does as well!

Can you see the sparkly, glittery centre to the flower? Love those Dazzling Diamonds! I stamped the same flower in pink and punched out the middle after using Heat & Stick powder to stick the glitter down.

Oh, and DD said I "cheated" ... the stitching on the green strip of cardstock is actually holes pierced with my paper piercer and Stampin' Up! Mat Pack, with "stitching" drawn on with my white gel pen. She didn't realise until she took a really close look *g*

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Eastern Blooms

Ink: Summer Sun, Pink Passion, Versamark

Cardstock: Pink Passion, Green Galore, Summer Sun, Whisper White

Other: 1-3/4" Circle Punch,
Horizontal Slot Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Mat Pack, uni-ball Signo White Gel Pen, Heat & Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails