Wednesday, March 11, 2009

An oldie, but a goodie

I dragged out Heartfelt Thanks the other night, to challenge myself to use one of the few stamp sets I own that aren't retiring at the end of this month. When so many favourites are being gently put to one side (to make room for new stuff *g*) it's nice to revisit familiar favourites.

The first card was totally inspired by this one over at Splitcoast Stampers ... it had never occurred to me to create a beautiful background with the single flower stamp from this set.

I've used the Rock & Roll technique to give the petals of the flowers a darker pink hue.

I overstamped the main flower using my Going Gray marker (must buy the inkpad one day) rather than using black ink, as I didn't want the outline to detract from the soft colours used on the flowers.

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Heartfelt Thanks

Ink: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Mellow Moss, Summer Sun

Cardstock: Basic Black, Rose Red, Whisper White
Other: Going Gray Stampin' Write Marker, Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Cutter Kit, Stampin' Sponges, Stamp-a-ma-jig

The other card turned out to be a lot bolder colour-wise than I'd thought ... but using Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy and More Mustard will do that *g*. The flower head and the word "thanks" are popped up on dimensionals.

I pinched another idea from the card referred to above, and used my Ruby Red marker to outline the letters in the word - it gives it a little more dimension without being too "in your face". Worked quite well, I thought.

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Heartfelt Thanks

Ink: Ruby Red, Old Olive, More Mustard

Cardstock: Ruby Red, Not Quite Navy, More Mustard
Other: More Mustard and Basic Gray Stampin' Write Markers, Stampin' Dimensionals, Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails