Wednesday, March 25, 2009

CASEing myself

You know when you see a lovely creation somewhere and just have to make something similar? You get inspired by someone else's creativity and the next thing you know you've made your own version?

Well, I was inspired by myself LOL.

I was reading a blog or something (it's hard to remember where I've been on the internet some days) about people having a hard time using certain colours - a lot of people are stumped by Stampin' Up!s "Bold Brights" colour family, for instance. Yes, they're bold, and they sure are bright but that doesn't make them scary.

To test this theory, I took this design from a few months ago and challenged myself to remake it BOLD!

The colours in this photo are a little off ... the Summer Sun layer looks almost orange to me. And technically it's not from the Bold Brights range, but I don't have YoYo Yellow ink, and I like my inks/cardstocks to match (because with Stampin' Up!, that's what they do).

It came out BRIGHT.

I like it. This stamp set is a really good one, and with the variety of stamps in the set (including a present and a balloon) you can make a lot of very different cards without getting sick of it.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Big Bold Birthday
Ink: Summer Sun, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise
Cardstock: Summer Sun, Real Red, Tempting Turquoise, Whisper White

Other: Stampin' Dimensionals

And while I was making my bright experiment, DD10 asked if I would make her friend a birthday card using the same design. Of course I said yes (before she had a chance to change her mind). DD chose the colours ...

Again, super-bright, but it turned out to be a really fun card!

The little purse from my post the other day (for the same friend) was made to in these colours as well, to match.

Images © 1990-2008 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Big Bold Birthday
Ink: Green Galore, Pink Passion, Summer Sun
Cardstock:
Green Galore, Pink Passion, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Other: Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails