Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Stamps, New Colours

I know that you're all eagerly awaiting the arrival of the new Stampin' Up! Idea Book & Catalogue ... not long to go now (official release date - April 1!). I can tell you that it's full of lovely things, as well as six new In Colours - these colours will only be available (in ink, paper and accessories) for 12 months, so get in while you can. I can vouch for the fact that at the end of the catalogue period, these colours sell out really quickly.

Anyway, one of the perks of being a demonstrator for Stampin' Up! is being able to preorder a few things from the new catalogues - we are only given a small selection, but it's still very exciting trying to decide what to buy. I had a long think before settling on this set, called Echoes of Kindness, which is a Level 2 hostess set from the new book. I love the sketchy look and figure it will be a useful addition to my collection.

To celebrate the arrival of this little beauty, as well as the new In Colours, I made this card - totally CASEd from my friend Bridget Larsen (thanks Bridget!).

I have used two of the new In Colours here, Pacific Point which is a bright, clear blue and Baja Breeze, a softer blue. The flower was stamped in Pacific Point, then the petals coloured in with a white gel pen - I love how simple this looks while being very effective at the same time.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Echoes of Kindness
(Hostess Set), En Francais
Ink: Pacific Point
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Baja Breeze, Whisper White

Other: Uniball White Gel Pen, 1/4" Whisper White Grosgrain Ribbon, Cutter Kit, Stampin' Sponges

While I was on a roll, I used the same set to make this ... inspired by a card on Splitcoast Stampers, but very much simplified. The background on the pink panel is just the same flower stamped randomly and overlapping to create an illusion of texture.

Images © 1990-2009 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamp set/s: Echoes of Kindness (Hostess Set)
Ink: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black

Cardstock: Basic Black, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink

Other: 1/4" Pretty in Pink Grosgrain Ribbon

2 comments:

Bridget Larsen said...

I love it, I've linked your site to mine. I'm going to put up another one tonight, very way out one

Chris said...

Can't wait to see!
-Chris

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails