Friday, March 6, 2009

Embrace Life

No, I still haven't bought this set *sigh* ... I really want to but can't justify it at the moment - with a bunch of bills sitting on the kitchen bench and yelling at me every time I go past, I am having to be strong *g*.

So Embrace Life, currently available in the Stampin' Up! Summer Mini might end up being one of those sets I never buy. Unless (and I have my fingers and toes crossed here) it makes it into our next catalogue - due out on April 1. I might even be able to afford it in a few months' time LOL.

In the meantime, I have borrowed my friend's set again and made these.

I was playing with reinkers the other day (see my previous post) and was showing a friend the kinds of things you can do with them. If you don't have any rubbing alcohol and metallic reinkers, you can still make a stunning background with a damp cotton wool ball (or makeup sponge, or baby wipe) and a few drops of ink, dabbed randomly onto a piece of white glossy cardstock.

The first card here was created using exactly that method. I liked it so much I didn't want to cover it up so just stamped the single flower over the top in Stazon, trimmed and there it is. You might just be able to make out the stamped images on the Rose Red cardstock as well, just for a bit of texture.

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Embrace Life

Ink: Black Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Basic Black, Rose Red, Glossy White
Other: Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Classic Ink Reinkers in Pretty in Pink and Rose Red

The second card was a quick experiment to see what it would look like if I stamped the flower onto the prepared glossy cardstock and cut it out.

Turned out it looked good!

I borrowed the layout from the cards at Stamping with Hulda; I was really taken with the simple elegance of the design and knew it would work with this stamp as well.

I've popped the flower up on a dimensional just to separate it a bit from the rest of the card.

Supplies used:

Stamp sets: Embrace Life

Ink: Black Stazon, Pretty in Pink, Rose Red
Cardstock: Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Whisper White, Glossy White
Other: Pretty in Pink 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon, Classic Ink Reinkers in Pretty in Pink and Rose Red, Stampin Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails