Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas goodies

Each year, my upline organises a get together for our Stampin' Up! demonstrator family.  Not everyone can make it, of course - this is a busy time of year all around - but we can usually manage ten or so people.  And, of course, where there is a gathering of paper-crafters, there will be an exchange of paper-crafter-y gifts.

Usually I am caught short, with no idea what to make until the last minute (or, occasionally, the next day), however I am so proud of myself for finding this idea and running with it.






Here's my take on the project.  I found the measurements given in the original post didn't really work, so made the width of the little boxes much smaller - my starting piece was 11cm x 19cm, or 4-5/8" x 7-1/2".  I put the 11cm side against the top of my Simply Scored Tool and scored at 1", then flipped the sheet 180 degrees and scored at 1" again.  Then I turned it 90 degrees and scored at 3-1/4" amd 4-1/4" and continued on with the original instructions.

(I must insert an apology here for the imperial or metric purist - I have no problem switching between the two, and a lot of the things I find on the net that I want to try are from the US and as such are in imperial measurements.  My guillotine has only centimetres, but of course the base Simply Scored Tool is in inches.  I find it's just a case of being flexible and finding what works).

The tag portion of each box has been put through the Lacy Brocade embossing folder, in a (vain, as it turns out) attempt to hide the score on the tag (which is designed to fold in half as a cute little tag/card combo).  I used the score line to ensure the strips of Designer Series Paper were straight instead - this worked a treat :-)

And they're filled with Lindt balls ... yummmmm ... lucky there was a few left over from the big bag I bought :-)  I just have to make sure I hide them from the family...

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamps: Perfect Punches
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Gumball Green, Be Of Good Cheery Designer Series Paper
Ink: Cherry Cobbler
Accessories:  Lacy Brocade embossing folder, Two Tags Bigz Die, 1-3/4" Scallop Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 3/16" Metallic Brads, Paper Piercer, Simply Scored Tool, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails