Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas Money Slider Wallets

You know how it can get tricky, trying to think of something to give your teenage (or near enough to) nieces and nephews for Christmas?  I'm afraid I'm a bit of a failure as an aunt, and in previous years have used the old standby, gift cards.  This year, I didn't even get that far, figuring that what teenager wants to be told what store he or she can buy their stuff at?  So I went with cold, hard cash.

But what to put it in?  Just a card, sure, I could have done that, but with the amount of "stuff" I have lying about just waiting to be made into something cool, I knew I could do better than that.

After a bit of a dig around with Google (what did we do before Google?  Especially Google Images?) I found something I liked - quick, simple and effective, my favourite three things in a card :-)

And here is my interpretation ...

 
As you can see, I decided against using ribbon in my version - mostly because I didn't have any ribbon to match the paper I used (well, I thought I didn't - until I'd finished, at which point I remembered I have Gumball Green Stitched Satin ribbon.  Doh!).  I like the little half-circle cutouts, anyway.


I also decided not to decorate the insert, thus giving myself plenty of space to include a Christmas message to my nieces and nephew.

Hope you all enjoyed your Christmas!

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®
Supplies used:
Stamps: Perfect Punches Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Gumball Green
Accessories:  1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1-3/8" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Be of Good Cheer Designer Series Paper

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails