Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Oops...!

I hadn't realised just how quickly November had been slipping away until I looked at my blog and saw that my last post was waaaaay back on the 9th!  Here it is, nearly a month later, and what do I have to show for it?  Well, a few things, as it happens :-)

I have been busy creating, although it was more along the lines of mass-production of the traditional 100 or so cards for my employers to send out to our customers.  This year I was so happy to see the back of the cards I actually completely forgot to photograph them before I bundled them up into envelopes and posted them this afternoon.  I had to quickly whip another one up just so I can take a picture of it and show you all ... but not today, mostly because I only finished it a few minutes ago and the light's not so great for photography.  I promise, it'll be up in a day or so.

In the meantime, enjoy this card, made for my good friend Pauline's birthday the other day :-)


The images were stamped with Stazon onto Pumpkin Pie cardstock, and then the flowers were "coloured" using an Aqua Painter filled with bleach (some were stamped separately and stuck on with Dimensionals).  It's fun to watch the bleach "take" to the cardstock - at first you're not sure it's going to do anything, then suddenly the magic happens.  You can blast it with a heat gun to speed the process if you like.

Of course, it may not have been as much fun had I been doing it in a well-ventilated area like I probably should have.  A little light-headedness is good for you, right?

Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamps: Everything Eleanor, Fabulous Phrases
Cardstock:  Old Olive, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Very Vanilla
Ink: Black Stazon
Accessories:  Apothecary Accents Framelits, 1-3/8 Circle Punch, Bitty Banners Framelits, Essentials Paper Piercing Pack, Aqua Painter

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails