Thursday, December 13, 2012

Merry (Minis) Christmas!

Christmas is nearly upon us, so what better time to show you the card I whipped up the other night?  This is a little too fiddly for me to use as my family card (although had I come up with idea earlier I may well have done so) but it was fun to make :-)


The cute little baubles come from a stamp set in the Holiday Catalogue called Merry Minis - a nine piece set comprising three stars, three baubles and three Christmas trees.  You can also buy a Merry Minis Punch Pack, in other words three little punches which coordinate with the stamps.  I attached these with Dimensionals in an effort to make them look a little more like they were hanging from the embossed detail.

 
And just for a little visual interest, I used the Simply Scored Diagonal Plate and my Simply Scored Scoring Tool to create a cross-hatch effect along the bottom of the yellow layer.  Now I'm wondering if I should have just embossed the whole layer?  Perhaps I need to make another one to see... :-)


Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:

Stamps: Merry Minis, Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Cardstock:  Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Whisper White
Ink: Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Accessories:  Merry Minis Punch Pack, Scallop Border Punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Simply Scored Diagonal Plate, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Adorning Accents Edgelits, Adorning Accents Embossing Folders

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails