Friday, August 3, 2012

Boxes Made Easy

I love me a gadget, I really do.  So when Stampin' Up! released the Simply Scored board, with coordinating Metric Plate, I had to have it.  So far I haven't really explored all the possibilities with this tool, but when I lashed out and also purchased the matching Diagonal Plate I figured I had everything I needed to make all those fancy folds and boxes and envelopes I see everywhere.

Now all I need is time *sigh*.

However, I did manage to whip this little beauty up the other night, when DD13 was due at a birthday party the next day and needed a little presentation box to fill with Skittles (her friend's favourite lolly).  Mum to the rescue!

I scouted around the net until I found a pattern to use as a guide, and made a quick little box.  Oops.  Way too small.  Out with the ruler, piece of paper and a pencil to work out the proper dimensions needed to fit in a large sized pack of Skittles (removed from their original packaging and put into a nice little cellophane bag).

And of course, now the box is in its new home and I didn't make a note of the measurements for future reference.  All I can remember is it was 1-1/2 inches high.

The box is constructed using Sticky Strip (this stuff is awesome for boxes because it really lives up to its name!) - the ribbon was wrapped around the box and stuck down with more Sticky Strip before the top and bottom decorative die cuts were added.

It was well received (as was the card) and I loved the little pink scallop flower I made for the top - too much fun!

Closeup of the scallop punch flower with the Rhinestone Brad centre.


Extreme closeup of the scallop punch flower with the Rhinestone Brad centre (because I really like this photo, and you can see the sparkle from the Shimmer Paint mist I spritzed on the flower).


Images © 1990-2012 Stampin' Up!®

Supplies used:
 
Stamp(s): Memorable Moments (sneak preview from 2012-13 Catalogue), Creative Elements
Ink: Melon Mambo
Cardstock: Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Other: 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch, Top Note Die, Rhinestone Brads Square Fire, Frost White Shimmer Paint, Labels Collection Framelits Dies (not currently available), ribbon

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails